Dual Monitor Setup?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by HighlightShow, Feb 22, 2009.

1. HighlightShow macrumors newbie

Alright, so I have one of the new aluminum MacBooks. I want to get a 22 inch LCD monitor so I can have a dual monitor setup. I am not really sure which one I want to get though. I was thinking about the HP W2207h. I don't plan on using the monitor for gaming though. I just need some advice for which monitor to get.

I plan on using Parallels to run Windows Vista on the Macbook and Leopard on the 22 inch monitor.

Sidenote: Should I use Parallels to run Vista or a different program? I have just heard that Parallels is good.

Any and all help appreciated, thanks!

2. paolo- macrumors 6502a

You might want to get a configuration that is known to work properly. There's currently a problem with external monitors and the video card, the displays goes black for a second every now and then on certain monitors.

All I can say from personal experience is, if you don't want that issue, don't get an LG flatron W2241T.

3. mcavjame macrumors 65816

mcavjame

I have my new macbook running a 24" Samsung SyncMaster 2493HM at 1920x1200 when the macbook is closed. Works great.

I use Parallels without issue although many colleagues tell me they like VMware. I started with Parallels and did not want to switch because it works just fine.

4. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

My wife has used Parallels and hated it. I have used VMware Fusion and think it is a remarkable piece of software.

5. HighlightShow thread starter macrumors newbie