Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

justinTlME

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 21, 2014
Long story short, after upgrading to Yosemite I cannot put my computer to sleep and wake it up properly with 2 monitors on and connected. I have spent hours on the phone, and been to the Apple Store twice trying to resolve this issue. They replaced the: 5400 HD, logic board, and SSD in my computer trying to resolve this and when I brought it home for the 2nd time last night I was still having the same issues. When I put the computer to sleep and wake it up the computer is inoperable. I cannot click anything, the computer is frozen.

Work around:
The only way I can make my mini and sleep work is to: Step 1) Turn 2nd monitor on, 2) Put mini to sleep, 3) Wake mini up, 4) Turn 2nd monitor on.

Apple will be getting a call later so I can report this bug directly.

Thoir

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2014
I don't think it is a hardware issue.
I do think it is a second display issue with 10.10.

I read a lot of complains about this issue, but I have yet to find or get a solution. And a solution is very very very very much welcome.

If somebody does has the right solution.

* I only use the external 3rd party display connected to the ThunderBolt connector. MBp 2011 is in clamshell mode. The freeze is for me very inconsistent. As well as in time and appearance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.