Dual Monitor with 20" iMac?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by iMacIreland, Nov 21, 2008.

1. iMacIreland macrumors member

2. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

Yes, simply connect it to the iMac using the appropriate display adapter (will vary depending on which iMac you have) and you can use the display to extend your desktop.

3. iMacIreland thread starter macrumors member

Ok, and this will allow me to have one application on one screen and another application on the other, so i can have two aps running side by side?

4. iMacIreland thread starter macrumors member

5. nebarik macrumors member

haveing gone through the same questions before finnally jumping into dual monitors with my 20 inch iMac. heres some tips on how it works

-simply plug it in, and it will show up with ur background image straight away. u might wanna go thru the settings to adjust the colour to match ur other monitor.

-think of it as a extension to ur current monitor, in the display settings u can tell ur imac where the screen is at compared to the imac, meaning u dont have to have it at a equal height, like how mine is lower.

-also, expose works on both monitors independently, so if u have 100 windows open on one of ur screen's, and 1 on the other. they wont mix and match when u hit the expose button.

and finnaly a pic, notice the firefox window going over both screens

[​IMG]

once u go dual, its really hard not to go back to a single screen.