Dual Monitors-Menu Bar

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by billshideler, Jul 31, 2012.

1. billshideler macrumors newbie

Hi!

I am a total noob, when it comes to MacBook Pro. But, I hope there is a solution for what I want to do.

I have a 15" MacBook Pro (Older model I bought used) and I have connected up a larger monitor (24") to it. So far, so good!:)

The only issue I have is trying to move the menu bar from the 15" screen to the (much more readable) 24" monitor. My eyesight isn't the greatest and one of the reasons for the added monitor was to compensate for it.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks In Advance for any help you folks can offer!

Bill

2. orion123 macrumors regular

If you simply want to move the menu bar to the external monitor, and have your laptop screen be the "extension" of your desktop, then just open System Preferences, go to Displays, and on the little representation of your monitors, simply drag the tiny menu bar from the laptop screen to the external, and it will update.

If you want to have a menu bar on BOTH screens, you could use something like SecondBar. It's not perfect, but it works.
    http://blog.boastr.net/

3. billshideler thread starter macrumors newbie

OMG! That was just too easy!:D I had been all over that dialogue and it would have NEVER occurred to me to try that!

THANK YOU so very much for such a quick response and solution! I can't express how much I appreciate it.

Bill