Dual Monitors on a Macbook

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by WEM, Aug 17, 2010.

1. WEM macrumors newbie

Hey everybody -- I am looking to hook up two ~20" monitors to my macbook pro. My office is a PC environment, so I need to boot into PC mode (any advice as to the best software to use? VMWare?), log into my company's remote access, and then use a PC peripheral keyboard and mouse and work in excel and powerpoint.

Any advice as to the following:
    1) how I hook up the two monitors (i.e. what cables / extra peripherals i might need, any tips on dealing with remote access)
    2) any recommendations on PC keyboard and mouse, any tips you might have there...
    3) what the best low-cost monitors are...

Thanks in advance for any advice!

2. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

You will need a usb to vga or dvi adapter. Assuming that this is a unibody MacBook Pro, you will also need a mini displayport to vga or dvi adapter. You will need a full retail version of windows (xp, vista or 7). Then, you will ned to use bootcamp to partition the drive, to use both OS's at different times. Just use a generic dell keyboard and mouse combo. If you would like to spend a bit more, buy logitech ones. I have an acer 18.5" screen that I got for $90. I like it. I would recommend it, despite the fact that it is only 1366*768.