Dual monitors with a MacBook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Aravintht, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

Hi guys,

Im about to buy the new macbook pro, probably at the end of this week, the 15" base model (2.2GHz, 128mb graphics).

I just wanted to know if i buy two dell widescreen E228WFP 22" screens, will they work. My plan is to use the MBP during lectures and then when i get home connect it to a dual monitor set up. Also what adaptor will i need, i will be using the two screens, one as the main screen and the other as an extended desktop.

I need two screen because i'll be doing a fair about of CAD stuff, but i don't want the 17" which has the better graphics as it will be too big to lug around on the tube everyday.

Thanks!

2. furious macrumors 65816

furious

Short answer NO!. You can do it, it is just that it will be a lot of hassle.

3. bartelby macrumors Core

There may be some cardbus cards you can use. I'll see if I can find the link...

EDIT: Here.
    Are these any good?

4. Aravintht thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the quick responces. I guess i'll just have to get a 30" or so and just use that as my main screen and the MBP screen as the secondary.

5. niele macrumors member

30" :p have one at work and wish I could bring it home... if you've got the right card it's a beauty. :D