Dual Monitors with Mac Mini Late 2012

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by Kevtech1, May 23, 2016.

1. Kevtech1 macrumors member

I have a late Mac Mini 2012, 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 16gb RAM. I currently am using the HDMI and and the display port with HDMI adapter and then HDMI into the two Lenovo 23" monitors. I made the mistake of buying directional HDMI cables from AMAZON (mono price) and sometimes when I reboot my monitors clink off and on for a while before booting up. I think its due to the directional HDMI cables. Has anyone else had this issue? Can anyone recommend some slim HDMI cables that you are happy with on a dual monitor/mac-mini setup?

2. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

I've only ever used cheap-o no-brand-name HDMI cables, and never had any trouble with them. But then, I'm not going for slim-size or long-distance, so I'm afraid I can't help there. :(

3. dogslobber macrumors 68020

dogslobber

I use the cheapo monoprice HDMI cables and have not had issues on the 2012 Mini with dual displays.

4. nightmars macrumors member

nightmars

Same here ( no issues) - except that I don't use adapters. I always buy (cheapo) cables with the appropiate connectors at both ends... Have been playing with 4-5 external monitors on the 2012 mini - worked like a charm...

5. frank4 macrumors regular

frank4

I'm running a 2011 mini with two Dell HDMI 1920x1080 monitors and similar cables setup as Kevtech1. Currently using a pair of 6 foot HDMI cables that are rated for higher end video (got on a deal at Home Depot). I previously used a pair of dollar store 3 foot standard-rated HDMI cables but they caused a blink on both monitors at random times about every 3 seconds. I would also like to try some quality thin short HDMIs (maybe 2 feet), here in Canada there is a company called infinitecables that has them but I have not ordered yet.