Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kevtech1

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 10, 2009
Charlotte
I have a late Mac Mini 2012, 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 16gb RAM. I currently am using the HDMI and and the display port with HDMI adapter and then HDMI into the two Lenovo 23" monitors. I made the mistake of buying directional HDMI cables from AMAZON (mono price) and sometimes when I reboot my monitors clink off and on for a while before booting up. I think its due to the directional HDMI cables. Has anyone else had this issue? Can anyone recommend some slim HDMI cables that you are happy with on a dual monitor/mac-mini setup?

jpietrzak8

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
I've only ever used cheap-o no-brand-name HDMI cables, and never had any trouble with them. But then, I'm not going for slim-size or long-distance, so I'm afraid I can't help there. :(

nightmars

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2010
Germany
Same here ( no issues) - except that I don't use adapters. I always buy (cheapo) cables with the appropiate connectors at both ends... Have been playing with 4-5 external monitors on the 2012 mini - worked like a charm...

frank4

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2011
I'm running a 2011 mini with two Dell HDMI 1920x1080 monitors and similar cables setup as Kevtech1. Currently using a pair of 6 foot HDMI cables that are rated for higher end video (got on a deal at Home Depot). I previously used a pair of dollar store 3 foot standard-rated HDMI cables but they caused a blink on both monitors at random times about every 3 seconds. I would also like to try some quality thin short HDMIs (maybe 2 feet), here in Canada there is a company called infinitecables that has them but I have not ordered yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.