Dual monitors with white macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by andrewm9145, May 13, 2009.

1. andrewm9145 macrumors newbie

I have a white macbook that i recieved a few years back it works great and plan on using it for a few years foward. However i recently purchased two samsung 24 inch monitors to plug in. i have it hooked up with a cable spliter and all is well except that the two monitors both display the same image and i cant find a way to change that. What are my options for both screens to be different. hopefully options on the less expensive side considering i spent all my money on these monitors

2. tbae12 macrumors member

Go to the preferences panel, click on displays, then click on the arrangement tab and uncheck the mirror displays box.

3. andrewm9145 thread starter macrumors newbie

it doesnt show that as a choice to click

Attached Files:

4. daleremote macrumors member

Check this out:

http://shop3.frys.com/product/5585410?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Tritton USB 2.0 to DVI External Video Card

I bought one of these to drive a 1280x1024 monitor. It works pretty well, but the image is bit fuzzier than straight DVI. I'd say it's good for a secondary monitor (for Finder windows and pallets) but wouldn't want to use it as a main monitor.

5. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

The reason they're showing the same image is because that's all you're outputting.

The splitter cable doesn't "split" the signal into two distinct halves, it merely doubles it, sending the same thing out to each head.

The Matrox DualHead2Go is an option to do what you want with the Digital model and Mini-DVI to DVI.

6. andrewm9145 thread starter macrumors newbie

alright thats what it seems the only answer is, the matrox looks pretty good do you know of any issues with it. better yet will it work with two screens at 1600 x 1200?

7. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Their specs page tells you EVERYTHING you need to know about resolutions/outputs, read around.