Dual Monitors

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bhaveshp8, Jan 30, 2011.

1. bhaveshp8 macrumors newbie

I am new to the forums, so excuse me if I posted this in the wrong place.

I was wondering if it was possible to have a setup where my HDMI TV has its own desktop. If thats confusing, what I'm basically trying to do is, when my TV is connected with the DVI connection, it EXTENDS my current desktop where I can place something in the extended screen. Is it possible to have it to where my TV will have its OWN "space" or "desktop" so I can possibly play something on a website and full screen it on my TV? Currently, if I full screen on the EXTENDED screen, it will not allow me to use my main display. I want to be able to full screen something on the TV screen and be able to use my main display.

Hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance!

2. Detrius macrumors 68000

Your request is a bit ambiguous. It's not possible to have two keyboards and two mice with two separate displays connected to one computer such that it works as if it were two computers. If you're just saying you want to switch back and forth, multitasking on a single computer, then it really just depends on the applications you're using. For example, it's possible to leave the DVD player running full screen in the background, but that's an exception, rather than a rule. Most apps that can be full-screened tend to automatically give up their full-screen status whenever they are switched to the background, and games more so expect to be the front app.

3. AdamRock macrumors 6502a

AdamRock

no that's not possible...

just get a mac mini and hook it to your tv

4. Gen macrumors 6502a

Gen

You can "mirror" your current display so that your TV just shows what youre doing on your desktop

5. MACAPALOOZA macrumors member

You can just make the window bigger on the television, but as far as putting it in full screen and being able to use the other monitor also, you cannot do that. Because when you hit fullscreen, you are basically saying that you are not doing anything else and that that operation can take over your full computer's attention.