Dual Monitors??

Discussion in 'macOS' started by coolant113, Jan 6, 2008.

1. coolant113 macrumors 6502

coolant113

I am just very curious... what do yo guys use dual monitors for?? for me when i use dual monitors i find it annoying?? Just wondering what other people do....:apple::apple:

2. mrwizardno2 macrumors 6502a

mrwizardno2

When I'm at work, I go crazy when I'm not using dual monitors. I like to keep certain stuff on each screen. I usually keep messaging, email, web stuff, etc on the smaller screen, and then remote desktop on the other, larger screen.

3. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

Mixer, transport and plugins on the right hand display, sequencer on the left.

Or video on the right hand screen (DVD, webcam etc...) and iChat/Adium/Safari on the left.

4. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

Download progress bars on the macbook's small screen, along with sticky notes, everything else then is on the main monitor.

5. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

Safari on the left (17" Apple Studio Display), Word, iTunes, Mail Adium/MSN on the right (12" PowerBook).

6. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

quite often my primary screen has what im working on, second has itunes or eyetv on, when im hard at work maybe maya on one and photoshop on other or texture mapping on one and modelling on the other. couldnt do without it, think i prefer a 24 inch plus 19inch to a single 30 inch.

7. terriyaki macrumors 6502a

I have a lot of windows and programs always on. I even use Spaces to organize my workspaces a bit better. One for photo editing, one for downloads, one for documents/email/ical, and one for general internet browsing. I sometimes also watch tv shows or movies on one screen while still doing work on the other.