dual montiors vs ultrawide

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by longthizzz, Sep 11, 2015.

1. longthizzz macrumors regular

Should II take back my dual ASUS VN247H-P monitor and get a used LG Electronics UM57 25UM57 for 162

whats are the pros and cons of having a ultra-wide.. Im not going to be using it for any heavy duty , just mostly typing up stuff for work and school , watching movies

2. PhiLLoW macrumors 6502

I'm currently working on 2x27" IPS displays and the bezel in the middle can be really annoying sometimes.

I'm also a little bit annoyed that I have to tilt my head to the left or to the right if I have an application like photoshop on the left and Finder on the right monitor.

So IMO go for three monitors so you have one "main display" in the middle and a lot of extra space to the left and to the right or go for an ultrawide option.

If I put one display directly infront of me and one to the right I've noticed that I stop to use the second display. ( just an observation ; maybe it's because @27" the width is too much)

3. h9826790 macrumors 604

h9826790

In fact, I prefer more monitor then a single wide monitor. More monitor gives me more flexibility. E.g. I can play movie on a monitor with fullscreen, and use another monitor for something else. Or I can turn one of the monitor 90 degrees which is better for viewing documents.

4. c8rlo macrumors 6502

c8rlo

exactly why i use a dual monitor setup, possible triple monitor setup in the near future...