Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Transeau

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
Alta Loma, CA
Hey all - I'm in need of a new computer bag now.

I have one of the Swiss Army bags that "fits most 17" notebooks" - Well, it doesn't.

My needs are fairly basic.
1) needs to fit both my 17" MacBook Pro and my 13.3" MacBook at the same time.
2) needs to fit under an airline seat
3) needs to hold the MBP's power adaptor
3) needs pockets for cell phone and pda
4) extra storage for basic tools and ethernet and security cable would be really nice.

Anyone have any ideas about what would fit my needs? The Swiss Army bag would be great, if my MBP actually fit in it.

Thanks

T-Stex

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2006
Pennsylvania
Have you checked out Booq's website? Their bags are incredibly well-made, and worth the price. It looks like their Folee Messenger 17 has room for both a 17" MacBook Pro, a MacBook, and some other stuff, although you might want to put the MacBook in a sleeve.

If that bag seems a little too small, Booq's also got the Folee XL System. That one's bigger, and it also comes with an awesome sleeve, and two other accessory cases (you might be able to exchange those for a MacBook sleeve).

Gosh, I feel like Booq should start paying me for these recommendations. Seriously though, I'd definitely recommend anything from Booq, and don't think you'll be disappointed with anything from them. Hope this helps.

Acehigh

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2006
Transeau said:
Hey all - I'm in need of a new computer bag now.

I have one of the Swiss Army bags that "fits most 17" notebooks" - Well, it doesn't.

My needs are fairly basic.
1) needs to fit both my 17" MacBook Pro and my 13.3" MacBook at the same time.
2) needs to fit under an airline seat
3) needs to hold the MBP's power adaptor
3) needs pockets for cell phone and pda
4) extra storage for basic tools and ethernet and security cable would be really nice.

Anyone have any ideas about what would fit my needs? The Swiss Army bag would be great, if my MBP actually fit in it.

Thanks

What is the price range? Also would you mind putting the Macbook in a sleeve? or are you looking for a two section or more laptop case.

Try compusa? Tumi? since you probably want to see something in person to make sure it fits. Since alot of websites claims things fit when it doesnt.

Good luck :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.