Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ethen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
One of my PowerMac G5 (Dual 2.0Ghz) starts very slow the past 2 weeks
I power on 2 unit the same time (same specs as i buy them in bulk for my office) and one of them shows the apple logo within 8 seconds and another shows it within 16 seconds.

any suggestions why it' started up slow?

MIDI_EVIL

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2006
UK
ethen said:
One of my PowerMac G5 (Dual 2.0Ghz) starts very slow the past 2 weeks
I power on 2 unit the same time (same specs as i buy them in bulk for my office) and one of them shows the apple logo within 8 seconds and another shows it within 16 seconds.

any suggestions why it' started up slow?

It could be a million and one reasons i'm sorry noone can be really specific. 8 seconds difference is absolutely nothing to worry about, if it was minutes, then it might be something to be concerned about.

Maybe look at verifying and repairing disk permissions.

Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility > Select boot drive > Verify permissions / Repair disk permissions

I wouldn't worry though, i don't think anything is wrong.

Rich.

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
Have you got DiskWarrior???

If not... buy a copy. ;) I run it once a month, it fixes things and speeds things up a treat. :D

I also flatten and reinstall OS X every 6 months, as I find that a fresh reinstall (after erasing and zero'in all data) of OS X and fresh installs of the latest software (as opposed to just upgrading old versions) that my Mac's are far more responsive, and also free of all the clutter and crap that I amass over a 6 month period. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.