Dual pro vs magpul for the 6 plus anyone ?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by richxps, Feb 21, 2015.

1. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

Any option on what is better ? Or have both t compare

2. mhunter6378 macrumors regular

I bought both not knowing which I would like better. Amazon had the black Dual Pro on sale for about $13 and the Magpul for $16 so it wasn't a large investment to get them both at the same time. The Dual Pro has a dual layer, TPU inner and polycarbonate outer shell. The black has a soft touch finish that is grippy, an almost rubbery kinda feel. The inner liner is pretty rigid and not as soft as I expected. It holds it's shape well around the perimeter of the phone and along the bottom near all the openings for headphone jack, charger and speaker. The mute switch is exposed and the sleep/wake and volume buttons are covered. The button activation requires moderate effort. The Magpul is essentially identical in size to the Dual Pro. Buttons are covered and the mute switch is exposed just like the Dual Pro. The Magpul has a very unique feel to it and it allows for a good grip, the feel is hard to describe but very nice. Button activation is incredibly easy and provides a very tactile response. All cutouts on both cases are precise and offer plenty of room, I've had no issue with either in this regard. The Magpul is my favorite of the two. I was using the Apple leather case prior to these which I liked very much. Just wanted a little more protection that's offered by this style case. Either way you go, they're both good cases.

3. macher macrumors 65816

macher

The Magpul is the best value for the money in my opiojion. Like you it's hard to describe the grip but it's a VERY nice grip. Almost a 'sandy' feel to it.

4. scjr macrumors 68000

scjr

I can't speak to the Dual Pro, but the Magpul Field Case is excellent. It fits great, finish is gritty smooth and grippy. Buttons are amazing and very clicky. Finish will not show fingerprints.

Judging by mhunter6378's review of both, you can't go wrong with either.

5. Ourphones macrumors member

Any comparisons between magpul and candyshell grip or Thule atmos x?

6. AE14 macrumors 65816

I have tried all 3 and the Magpul is my least favorite of the group. It's the lightest and thinnest for sure but it does not seem as protective as the others. Out of the 3 the grip would be my preference.

7. macher macrumors 65816

macher

I agree the Magpul isn't as protective as the Grip however it still offers protection in a slimmer, more attractive looking case than the Grip. I don't think you can put the Magpul in the same category as the Grip anyway.

8. scjr macrumors 68000

scjr