Dual Screen Difficulties!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Funklestiltskin, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Funklestiltskin macrumors newbie

Hey all, I have connected my Samsung tv via hdmi to my macbook pro using it as an additional screen above and behind where my laptop sits. Im using it primarily for music production and need to drag windows back and forth between the two.

My problem is that with the screen above my laptop, and the extra display arranged on top of my main macbook display in display preferences, I am unable to drag windows up past the menu bar and onto the second display. I am able to drag horizontally fine when it is arranged that way, but it is much more convenient and practical to drag up, where the physical screen actually is.

Is there any setting I can change so that the menu bar doesnt act like a brick wall through which I cannot drag anything? Or any way to move the location of the menu bar so it won't block me from dragging windows?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. :confused:

2. WSR macrumors regular

I know you can move the menu bar.

Goto System Preferences: Displays: Arrangement
    Then in the image of the displays, drag the white bar from 1 display to the other.

3. Funklestiltskin thread starter macrumors newbie

Awesome! Thanks a lot, that worked! Didnt even think to try and grab the menu in the arrangement menu. :p