Dual SSD iMac Mid 2011

Discussion in 'iMac' started by stewie2k, Nov 27, 2012.

1. stewie2k macrumors newbie

Hi

Just thought i would share my recent upgrades. i bought 2 Corsair Force 3 120Gb SSD drives to raid in my iMac after removing the 1Tb that came pre installed.

Bought a Akasa Dual 2.5 to 3.5 Caddy. After installing these drives i noticed that the fan noise was there and started to get louder. I had 2 older Agility 3 60Gb hard drives here as well and i used them instead and all went fine with no fan noise.

I think this might have something to do with the Sandforce chipset thats on the Agility rather than the Marvel based controller on the Force 3 drives.

All working fine with over 1000MB read and write access its a flying Machine.

Have just ordered 32Gb ram for it and a i7 2700K to replace my 4Gb and my i5 2500S that came pre installed.

Cant Wait!!

2. Wickedgardengtp macrumors member

Wickedgardengtp

have a iMac 27" 3.4 Ghz with two OWC 120gb SSD RAID (striped) that are both using 6Gb SATA ports and I'm getting over 660 MB/s Read speeds...but I'm only getting 300MB/s max write speeds. I already posted a thread elsewhere looking for help, but maybe you can help me