Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adamfilip

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 13, 2003
burlington, Ontario canada
I have a single processor G5 (1.6)

as an example.

if i open two safari sites running a flash file.. the window thats selected will run perfectly . but if i select the other window and make that the active window the window i was just on. runs slower. the flash animation runs at like 1/3rd its normal speed.. im fairly confident this is do to thread priority. since im no longer actively using that window it runs slowly

now does this also happen on a dualie or will two windows have equal thread priority. since each processor can handel one of them..

im just curious.

hope im being clear.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Does the same for me - only "top" window is fast. I also note that neither CPU is even remotely stressed.

adamfilip

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 13, 2003
burlington, Ontario canada
hmm ok interesting.. same here really..

my cpu is running at around 30% with other processes also running.

now is there a way to change that so that it doesnt shift thread priority

stevehaslip

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2004
The Ocean Floor
Flash does that, if its not in the active window the animation plays at half speed, something like that. I think if anything its to save system resources. Flash has always done this for as long as I can remember. If I remember rightly it does it on windows too.

I may be wrong but I figured that it was something that they made happen deliberately.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.