Dualtek extreme Shock band

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Minarets, Nov 12, 2011.

1. JayJayJay macrumors member

Would love some input on this as well. Seems like a very protective bumper style case. Can be had for much less than the $40 asking price on the manufacturer website.

2. mpossoff macrumors 68020

I'd love to hear some input and reviews on this bumper myself.

3. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

It is useless unless you use the included screen protectors. It bubbled up every one that I tried. The included ones are cut really small and actually leave part of the screen exposed once installed.

It also really isn't a bumper since you do have to use the back plate. Without it, the phone moves around slightly inside. I like the idea of it and feel in hand isn't terrible but the buttons aren't very user friendly and I personally hate crystal screen protectors due to fingerprints.

Way too expensive for what you get and the protection doesn't even seem to be that great either. Nothing that say a Candyshell or Otterbox Commuter doesn't offer at a lower price point.

4. mpossoff macrumors 68020

I just ordered one from Amazon for less than $20. We'll see.

From the you tube reviews I've watched using the back plate optional.

5. JayJayJay macrumors member

Don't agree on the price point objection. It can be had for like $14 if you search on froogle.

I'm waiting on mine, but, it says on the website that the backplate is optional, so we will see. And, I don't use screen protectors, so that also isn't an issue for me.

6. mpossoff macrumors 68020

I have a white iPhone which is thicker.

7. JayJayJay macrumors member

So with my black Iphone 4s there will be even more moving/rattling than with your thicker, white iphone, if I don't use the backplate?

8. mpossoff macrumors 68020

Larry Greenberg did a you tube review with his white iPhone and he didn't note any issues like that. He did say however without the back plate the sides where they come in( hour class) are a little loose. But with back plate not loose.

Here's his review.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsL4lU8xEYI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

9. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

Technically it is optional. The problem is on the 2 cases that I tried the phone actually didn't fit tightly enough without the backplate. There was movement with the phone.

As for the price, when they were originally released they were $40. I believe they are still roughly the same price on the official site.

I didn't like the case since it just didn't fit right and you had to use the smaller cut screen protectors that it came with or else it will bubble your SP. Well at least the several that I tried.

Side-note: As for the youtube reviews, most of the reviewers don't pay for stuff. Not only that but they don't use them for more than a day. I'm not saying they are all full of it as there are some reviewers that are pretty good and give a legitimate review. Most though are all positive and very little negative.

In reality there is no perfect anything. True for some people it may be the right fit, but if you look at the dates of the reviews of the big reviewers you will notice that they all get them around the same time and generally have the same opinion. If anything use their videos as first looks and ignore the actual rating part. You can tell when Larry or the Snazzy guy for instance actual buys something on their own as there is usually a listing of good and bads. When things are given to him he very rarely gives any type of negative even when the cases are just bad.

I mean really, who thinks a Phosphor watch that can't be used in low light, has a terrible fit on the wrist and is actually hard to read even in daytime is a good watch? Especially for $150. Not only that, but why is a case/phone reviewer getting a watch to review.

It is because the stuff is sent to them for free. Same with those little metal magnet balls (I have a box around my house somewhere but I can't remember the name). I know this because I get a ton of stuff for free from a marketing agency. I rarely pay for stuff unless it is something I truly want that I can't get in a timely manner.

I just don't use reviews as my living and have to appease no one so I say things how I see them. I do submit a review but it is for the company only and not for public consumption. People can take my views here however they see them.

10. JayJayJay macrumors member

Anyone know if these folks are legit and/or still in business? I have emailed them twice without a response.

11. JayJayJay macrumors member

Would urge everyone to stay FAR away from this company. They are total unresponsive and, their 800 number (which I had to find by calling American Express...the card with which I paid) has been disconnected.

I've had to initiate a chargeback through American Express.

By the way, this can be found for $12 or so on Amazon.

12. mpossoff macrumors 68020

Just got my DualTek Band today. I'm using now without back plate because I wanted a bumper style case to show back of iPhone.

I'm using it with my white 4S so my initial reaction is it would be nice if the DualTek was gray/glacier color. Not sure I like a white iPhone with a black band. In Larry Greenberg you tube review it didn't look too bad.

Although the back plate is optional it's a better and tighter for with the back plate. It would be nice if the back plate had an Apple logo cutout.