dualtime

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by gw0gvq, Aug 14, 2019.

1. gw0gvq macrumors 6502a

gw0gvq

is there any way you can set dual time watch in apple to read GMTall the time and another watch time so it can e switched from BST to GMT?I'm asking because I'm a Radio Ham and we operate in GMT but I want one time to go between GMT and BST so that at a glance I also can have local time showing

2. Significant1 macrumors 6502a

3. gw0gvq thread starter macrumors 6502a

gw0gvq

That's what I want the problem is the link you sent with instructions is in german, and I only speak English ;-) But thanks for reply and idea.

4. Significant1 macrumors 6502a

The link is not german, it automatically localizes, but what it is based on I don't know. But something on your end must point to german. Even when I hardcode another locale in the link (en-uk) it changes to Danish for, which makes since I am Danish in Denmark, but still I don't know why.

Anyway, It is not that difficult. Just add the city for gmt in world clock (clock app) on your iphone and it will show up in world clock app on watch, but more important also as a complication you can add to your watch face. You can also change the abbreviation for the city on the iphone.

5. tamara6 macrumors regular

In your iPhone world clock app look for UTC as a city.

6. gw0gvq thread starter macrumors 6502a

gw0gvq

It’s ok I couldn’t see GMT but it had UTC I used Google translate because it was set at German when I looked and didn’t realise it translated but thanks I didn’t realise UTC was even on there because it’s not technically a time zone but it gives the same coordinates as GMT