duck head adapter for the MacBook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by zoran, Jul 21, 2015.

1. zoran macrumors 68030

Have no idea what the new Macbooks power adapter looks like and if it can receive a duck head adapter. :confused:

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

According to this article -
    The Apple 29W USB-C power adapter and USB-C Charge Cable is made of two pieces: a charging cable and an adapter with a removable duckhead.
    Here's a picture... http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MJ262LL/A/apple-29w-usb-c-power-adapter?fnode=51
    That shows the adapter with the duckhead in place. If you buy the adapter separately, it does NOT come with any cable. The Charge Cable would be an additional purchase, in the event you want a spare power adapter for a MacBook.

3. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

Thanx DeltaMac i guess the question then is, if the charger comes with a Europlug adapter or something different!

4. Theozz macrumors member

Theozz

If you're in a europlug-using country, it comes with it . If you're in the UK, it comes with a UK plug, etc. ;)

5. tutux macrumors member

tutux

Not the question but: All apple adapters car swap the plug, which means if you have a ipad charger with the euro plug, and you get a UK plug because you bought your macbook adapter in UK, you'll be able to use the plug head from the ipad adapter.

6. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

Isnt it true that the only way to get the plug of your choice is through ebay, cause Apple doesn't sell them, correct?

7. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

8. tutux macrumors member

tutux

And if one, yes amazon would be cheaper

9. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

Well i just needed one, i haven't seen Apple to be selling just one!

10. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

?
    The MacBook comes with the adapter, and the duckhead is included.
    Duckheads for some other countries are already going to be almost as bulky as the adapter (bigger pins which don't fold) depending on the country.
    I guess you are looking for an additional one for another country?
    If you need a duckhead for a different country, you can also buy it while in that country - or just use a standard adapter plug to keep with you as you travel... :D The fitted duckhead doesn't work better than adding a generic adapter. Just neater (but not much neater in many countries. :D )

You didn't say which one you need. Here's an EU duckhead for 25 cents (well, plus $5 shipping :D)

11. French River macrumors member

Wow, what a great idea. I've been carrying a pile of plug adapters around Europe for years, often leaving them behind in hotels and apartments. This is so much simpler (slaps forehead).

12. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

Well im gonna purchase a macbook from Australia and looking for an EU duckhead to be able to charge it in Europe!

13. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Great! 5 bucks from newegg.com through that link, eh? Or, you can search for one directly from europe, whatever shopping service you use in Aus, just in case Newegg doesn't ship to AU...