Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxy.music

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2019
uk
DuckduckGo not letting me search the web with Firefox .See photo .I deleted Firefox and reinstated it ,the same thing happendo_OI have no trouble with DUCKDUCKGO on Brave.Why does it say it can,t connect with DuckDuckGo with Firefox, when it works with Google?o_OAnother problem Spectacle not working on Brave or Firefox?o_OI have sorted the Spectacle problem out by using Rectangle when looking for a situation to sort out Spectacle .i have never heard of Rectangle before.Has anyone got the answer to sort out DuckDuckGo working with Firefox?It seems a weird problem.

Attachments

• DSC01980.JPG
    DSC01980.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

Wombatch

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2024
I have the same problem as this with Firefox on Android and firefox on linux. Clearly duckduckgo have done something in the last hour or two to break this. I hope they fix it rather than just leave their suggestions to use a different browser!

Wombatch

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2024
It seems it is all related to a microsoft problem, you can search (using some other method) for information on the "bing api" which is apparently down and causing the failure of all dependent sites.. duckduckgo is one of them.

Roxy.music

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2019
uk
I have the same problem as this with Firefox on Android and firefox on linux. Clearly duckduckgo have done something in the last hour or two to break this. I hope they fix it rather than just leave their suggestions to use a different browser!
Thanks for that i thought it was just me.o_OTheres not much i can do but use Google with Firefox but most of the time with Brave and Duckduckgo.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Moderator Note:

Please continue the discussion in the news thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.