Dude You're getting a Dell

Discussion in 'Alternatives to Mac Hardware' started by burgman, Feb 19, 2018.

1. burgman macrumors 68000

burgman

Microsoft Store is having a good Presidents day sale. I purchased a 2017 model 7th gen 4K Dell XPS 15 inch laptop 16GB 512GB for $1500. I'm loving it so far. I went back and forth between the 32GB 1TB for $2000 and this one. I might switch not sure yet have 30 day return to decide.

2. burgman thread starter macrumors 68000

burgman

Yeah, sold my Surface Book and came close to buying another MacBook Pro. Decided to save 1K plus I really like Windows 10 creators update. Surface Book II too expensive for me also. It has two lane TB3 so it will work well for a few years for me.

3. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Took my mother laptop shopping last summer and wound up getting her a Dell. For some reason she felt she needed something other than her iPad. (She now wonders why she insisted on getting the laptop.)

When we were checking out, I looked at the cashier and said "dude, she got a Dell!" I was met with a totally blank stare. I guess it's been a while since that phrase was used.

4. Queen6 macrumors 604

Queen6

Flying over the rainforest at dawn - Priceless
    Wish could see similar deals in Asia, then again sometimes they do crop up. I bought my 1st Gen Surface Book with a fair discount. Still have my Surface Book, however my daughter has laid claim as for this project I need a heavy lifter. So I'll gift the Surface Book, and she will really get mileage out of it as she's already a very gifted digital artist.

Windows 10, needs a little reining in, equally going from strength to strength and for me absolutely 100% stable, officially impressed.

Q-6

5. macgeek18 macrumors 68000

macgeek18

Dell has come a long way. I recently bought a Dell myself and it's solid.

Attached Files:

6. SteveJUAE macrumors 68030

SteveJUAE

Congrats enjoy, hope you got on site warranty bundle as its very convenient

7. burgman thread starter macrumors 68000

burgman

I purchased the Microsoft warranty that include accidental damage, similar to surface complete. Got misinformation from sales clerk, said it was a Microsoft product, it isn’t. Probably will switch to Dells warranty. Thanks.