Dudes....My new iPhone's battery life is epic.....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Vegeta-san, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Vegeta-san macrumors 6502

My old 8gb iPhone had a nice battery life (received in Sep 07, sold this month). Like at least up to 5-6 hours of varied activities usage. But the new iPhone 16gb I just bought after being disappointed with the 3G announcement? My first full run with it and it survived 9 hr and 15 min of usage with 1 day and 16 hrs standby. Usage was comprised of email reading, web surfing, 2 or 3 texts, calendar adding/editing/checking, phone, notepad, some maps, weather, and lots of iPod. Don't know what they did to the batteries in these news one.....But this phone's battery life is truly epic.

It only has one stuck 'red' pixel. I'm living with it though.

2. I am Sampson macrumors 6502

I am Sampson

You only got 5-6 hours of usage from your first iPhone!?!?
    I've not got an iPhone, but I hope that really isn't normal, how can you use it as a phone if it won't even last a day?
    I use my touch to listen to music between 5 and 7 hours a day at work, so an iPhone would have to manage that plus all the extra stuff like using it as a phone! and to still be managing it 1-2 years later.
    I'm fine charging every night, but not if it cuts out during my work day and I have no phone!!!!
    Is Vegeta-san's first iPhone experience normal???

3. peeaanuut macrumors 65816

Yeah you must have an issue. My iPhone lasts all day with me playing music all day. it also has bluetooth and wi-fi on at all times. That lives through phonecalls, internet, text and of course video and music. 5-6 hours is nothing. but my baby does get plugged in in the car but that is only about an hour a day during my work drives.

4. wako macrumors 65816

congradulations on your battery life...

my 30 dollar phone can last me 9 days without charging with normal phone usage and time checking.. because thats all that it is capable of :D