iPad Pro Duet Display & Aperture/Photos

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mostro900, Jul 17, 2016.

1. mostro900 macrumors member

Hi,
    Just hoping that there may be some photographers/artists out there using the Duet Display app. I want to buy it and use it in the same way as a Wacom Cintiq, but just tentative, cause it's $30 on the Aussie App Store, so want to be sure.
    I have an iPad Pro 9.7 & an Apple Pencil and was hoping that someone could clarify if I can use the pencil on the iPad for brush adjustments in Photos or Aperture or any other apps. I assume Duet Display is app agnostic(from the Mac side) ?
    I figure this would be a lot easier than trying to use the mouse or track pad.

2. mixel macrumors 65816

mixel

Never heard of duet display, though I'll look into it now.. Astropad is a popular choice for what you're attempting to do. :) it's not quite Cintiq level but it's still very usable, and would be more than good enough for photo adjustments.. I have the same 9.7ipp and do this.

3. mostro900 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, I saw Astropad as well and note that it does this exactly, but it's $46 on the App Store and seems to get a few questionable reviews re. lag and battery consumption. Hence, my look at Duet Display.

4. Bbqthis macrumors 6502a

Bbqthis

Duet display will not do what you want. Duet really is only for extending your display. Astropad is what you're looking for.