Duke's back! DNF

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by SilentPanda, Sep 3, 2010.

1. rprebel macrumors 6502

rprebel

2. macfan881 macrumors 68020

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Beat me to it! But yea; PC, Xbox and PS3.

On one hand OMSWFDUKENUKEMFOREVER

On the other hand... these guys brought us Borderlands. Full of invisible walls, bugs that were never fixed, Gamespy for multiplayer and having to jump through hoops just to play with friends and Securom for DRM.

"Here's your lovely ice cream you've been waiting 12 years for... but we're contractually obliged to serve it to you in this bear trap."

4. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

3 hour line up at PAX to see it.

And impressions from the panels I saw were overwhelmingly "meh"

5. SevenInchScrew macrumors 6502a

SevenInchScrew

This is sort of a Lose-Lose for Gearbox, in my opinion. No matter what they do, they won't win with this. If the game sucks, people will wonder why they wasted time attempting to put out the game. If it turns out to be decent, people will say that 3D Realms did most of the work, and Gearbox just polished it for 5 minutes and released it. It should be interesting to see what comes of this.

6. henrikrox macrumors 65816

henrikrox

BALLS OF STEEL

Also its time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and im all out of gum...

cant wait! ;D hope they dont ruin it though, there will be high exceptions for fans of the franchise

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

It undoubtedly will be. But I had a preorder for this as soon as it was available but you know what my money went to instead? Doom 64. That's how long ago it all was which makes it more than a game for me. It'll be bad, it won't hold a candle to Half Life 2 etc. Still can't wait for it!

8. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

yeah there is no way this will ever live up to expectations, but it should be a fun ride in any event.

9. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Honestly if it's a fun ride it will live up to my expectations. What makes Duke Nukem 3D so fun, IMO, is the attitude the game has. Unlike, say, the id games that are known for genre defining visuals Duke won fans with cheesy, self-aware one-liners and an 80's action movie vibe turned up to 11. That's one reason while I'm still optimistic even though there have been numerous stops and starts to development.

Lethal

10. tmofee macrumors regular