Dull Screen?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheYankees1903, Jun 18, 2008.

1. TheYankees1903 macrumors regular

My friend has an iPhone and was pushed into his pool. When he got out it worked perfectly except for the fact that the screen is always dull (even when the brightness is set to high). I do not think the backlight is working at all. I want to help him out. What can he do?

Let Me Know,
    TheYankees1903 :apple:

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Look down the headphone jack and check to see if it's pink/red. :eek:

3. TheYankees1903 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm Sure It Is

I am not with him but I am sure it is. What can he do to fix it? Any ideas at all?

Please Give Me Some Advise,

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

5. TheYankees1903 thread starter macrumors regular

Please Do

Please do check... Also I was wondering if their is anything he can do in terms of:

1) Restore
    2) Reset - All He Tried (Didn't Work)
    3) Jailbreak App
    4) Computer App

OR!!!!! 5) Is there a command to simply reset the LCD? Kind of like the control+shift+eject Mac command?

Please Help... Any Ideas Would Be Awesome,

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XlkKQoUlOQg

From WOODEKM:

This is for if you want to try to get the water out (and you dont take it back). I do this with watches that get water in them. Its gonna sound hair brained but it works. Get a tupperware with a nice tight lid and fill it (almost to the top) with instant rice. Shake as much water out of the phone as possible. Set your phone on top of the rice (you dont want to get rice or rice dust in your phone) and close the container. Dont shake it. Let it sit for a day or so. Of course the longer the better. I always felt a warm area in the house is best (like *near* the sun) to leave it sit. Not IN direct sunlight.

The heat causes condensation and the rice absorbs the water and dries it out. I do this with watches, but I usually pull the crown open and put it in the rice. It really should be instant type rice because that REALLY absorbs water better than any other type. Like I said, its a hairbrained idea but it works for my watches. Should as well for the phone. If it's anything OTHER than water, you may be screwed.

woodekm MR Member

Let me know what else you might need.

7. TheYankees1903 thread starter macrumors regular

I Will Tell Him

Thank You. I will tell him. It is water. It happened over the weekend. Will it still work?

8. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Hopefully, I haven't had the problem personally. Good luck. Keep Us Advised.