Dumb battery calibration question?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by freddy-b, Jan 19, 2011.

1. freddy-b macrumors regular

ok, ive understood everything.. but when it comes to number 5

i dont understand.. because when my mac runs out of battery it harbinates.. how to i put it to sleep or shut it down when it runs of of battery..?

Thanks,
    freddy-b

2. millerb7 macrumors 6502a

1. After the battery runs out and it shuts itself down (for lack of better term), close the lid, walk away, return 5 hours later.

OR

2. After the battery runs out and it shuts down... hold down the power button for 5-10 seconds.

3. freddy-b thread starter macrumors regular

it dosnt shut its self down.. it goes into harbinate..

4. orfeas0 macrumors 6502a

hibernate/sleep, same thing. it will automatically shut down anyway. Just follow the instructions on the apple site.
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1490

5. freddy-b thread starter macrumors regular

are you sure? cause it still bothers me how the apple website says allow it to sleep or shut it down..

6. orfeas0 macrumors 6502a

the site says it automatically goes to sleep and has a backup battery to keep it in sleep , and when that backup finishes it will automatically hibernate(shut down after it writes the ram on the HDD). just do as the site says :)

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can use Caffeine to keep it awake until it shuts down. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions: Apple Notebook Battery FAQ

8. Blu101 macrumors 6502a

Blu101

When this happens, close the lid and walk away for 5 hours or longer. By that time, the battery should be fully discharged and ready to recharge to complete the calibration.