Dumb Blonde Keeps MBP!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Harlowgold1, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Harlowgold1 macrumors member

Last week, I had shared that I ordered a new MBP and I decided to send it back. Well, my brother stopped over and talked me out of doing so. I must tell you I LOVE IT! I did not realize how poorly the Windows environment worked. I was so used to watching a little circle spin that it became standard for me. The operating system is nearly flawless and it is elegantly simplistic. I was up and running with few problems in a day. Despite one system error it has worked great. I love the trackpad and display is fantastic. I do wish they would change the vintage four leaf clover (Apple key) and make it the Apple logo. After 25 years it looks dated and the arrow keys are too small - even for my small hands. Regardless, I love the keyboard.

I still believe these machines are over priced by $200.00 or at least AppleCare should be included. I think many MAC users want that feeling that Apple's target market is up-scale and it is. However, these are PC's not cars. This is what was wrong with iTunes. They wanted to offer a fantastic music library to only Apples users. Well your target market could expand exponentially by opening it up to others users.

Well wanted to give you an update and say that Apple was patient and even humorous about my "fickle blondness." Thanks all! Jenny

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

You can... KIND OF use iTunes with a Mac or a PC...

3. brentsg macrumors 68030

I've been exclusively using iTunes on my windows box for years.

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

iTunes is the most popular music store, selling more music than amazon.

iTunes works on OSX and windows, windows version available since 2003

Price is relative. We all like to pay a lower price, but it's worth it for the low maintainence of OSX and time, frustration saved by using OSX.

Apple computers used to have the Apple logo on the command key, but certain "blond jokes" involved that and might be the reason they got rid of it...

FYI:

New Macs comes with certain # of phone supports. If you buy apple care then it's unlimited.

Apple Store offers free workshops if you want to learn more.
    Apple Store Genius Bar (appointment required, made online) can fix problems.

Follow this link for more info
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=7010867&postcount=2

5. Crash1234 macrumors regular

Well, when the ipod and itunes FIRST came out, it was mac only. Maybe that's what the op was referring to. Then apple realized it would be a better move to open up their potential customer base to include pc users also. Anyway, enjoy your new mac.

6. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

This is mostly a well written review from a switcher (who almost went back after the switch). Why do you have to perpetuate the dumb blonde stereotype? You're not doing yourself any favours.

7. Harlowgold1 thread starter macrumors member

HaHa - Actually most self-proclaimed dumb blondes are very intelligent. We only play dumb to get our way! It works every time!

8. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

Ah the fine art of female manipulation knows no bounds! :)

Glad you decided to stick with your Mac.

Cheers,

9. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

Another prime example of why I'm almost ashamed to own a Mac.

10. petermcphee macrumors 6502a

petermcphee

Send it to me, then do five hail mary's and three our father's. That should clear up that shame problem nicely.

11. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Gawd, I thought that was my "ex" posting that blonde thing.:eek: Congrats on your MBP, I knew it was a keeper...

12. Harlowgold1 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks SF - you are always a sweetheart!;)

13. tubbymac macrumors 65816

tubbymac

Well in OSX you watch a beachball spin instead of a little circle, so it's pretty much the same thing. The only reason you see it less is because your machine is faster than the one you had before, not due to a change in operating system.

I do agree with you on the Apple key though. The clover symbol looks garishly out of place and would definitely look much better as an Apple symbol instead.

14. pdxflint macrumors 68020

pdxflint

Glad you kept the Mac... :)

Not sure what the problem with the command key is? It's always been the "command" key, until newer users began calling it the "apple" key, which made for some confusing instructions in computer classes...

Since it is the command key, and it's symbol has always been the ⌘ from the get-go, it would just be wrong to change the symbol to :apple: for fashionista reasons. It is what it is. Imagine in physics or math if we always changed symbols like ∞, ∫, or ≈... etc. Just saying... :)

15. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

Well... actually the :apple: symbol was on the Command key (in addition to the ⌘) for all the Apple systems we own (Mac Pro, Powerbook 12, MBP C2D 2.16, MBP C2D SR 2.2).

I really saw no reason to remove it.

Cheers,

16. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

17. tubbymac macrumors 65816

tubbymac

Funny you should mention physics and math because at the cutting edge of science the symbols change a lot. Most of it is because the terminology and symbols are new in relatively unexplored areas of science and it makes it a headache to go through the papers. But I digress...

I hate to perpetuate the stereotype but if a self proclaimed "dumb blonde" can understand the difference between the four leaf clover and the apple symbol for the command key then by all means switch the symbol to something more fashionable. The thing I like about Apple compared to other companies is they are not afraid to cut the cord on how things have "always been done" every so often.

Keeping the symbol so ugly just to appease borderline retards who won't understand the change or who will get confused if it changes isn't a good reason to keep it the way it is. Also just because it's been that way for a while isn't a good reason to never change it either.