dumb Eyetv question

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by befuzzled, Jan 4, 2009.

1. befuzzled macrumors newbie

Please could anyone help with this really dumb question. I can't figure out how to re-name a live recording in my eyetv archive. Please be aware you are talking to a complete beginner with a mac. also-
    I found a way to change the name on a file, but it resulted in changing the format so it is now unusable. Will it be possible to recover this file?
    Thank you.

2. mikeyredk macrumors 65816

You have to change it from eyetv itself in the program window switch to records tab on the left side. Right click the recording you want to modify the name.

3. befuzzled thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you Mikey. Unfortunately there is no right click facility with this mac mouse. Oh dear! I'm probably too much of a beginner to dare to be in here.

Do you know if the changed file can be recovered?

4. mikeyredk macrumors 65816

press the ctrl button and click and you have right click.

To get the other files make sure the file you are trying to open has the .eyetv file extension so if the file name is "house" it should be followed by the .eyetv and it should look like "House - Deception.eyetv" then just open it with eyetv by double clicking it

5. befuzzled thread starter macrumors newbie

mikey I think I love you. Thanks so much! It worked.

Now I can watch my Aussie version of Kath and Kim. The most hilarious show ever. I've no idea why it was re-made for the USA market. Absolutely not necessary. Did 'they' think you wouldn't get it? That's insane. Of course you would.
    I've seen a couple of the USA versions and it's like a totally different show. No wonder it flopped.
    No hidden agenda here, just so happy to get the file back. Thanks again Mikey.