General Dumb JB question

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Ratatapa, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Ratatapa macrumors 6502a

For Evasi0n, once the program is downloaded, the Jailbreaking process don't need internet right?

Aka I could JB a device in the park without internet?

2. Luis2004 macrumors 6502a

There are no dumb questions, only very dumb people.

No, you do not need an active Internet connection once you have downloaded the Evasi0n program.

3. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Hey I just got an email MacRumors search function is back working

4. Luis2004 macrumors 6502a

[​IMG]

5. Ratatapa thread starter macrumors 6502a

I got that mail too

But my post was already made :(

6. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Exactly my point you do a search then ic you can't find the answer then you make a post it's pretty easy really a Google search would've told you what you need to know in about five seconds

7. Essenar macrumors 6502a

There's no reason to be a jerk about it. New people ask questions. Instead of turning new people away from MacRumors forums by posting sarcastic references to the search feature, how about just answering the question? It takes about the same range of typed characters and you proved that entering the thread wasn't beyond your interest already.

To the OP:
    The jailbreak doesn't require downloaded files beyond the .zip file. However, if you want to be on the safe side, download the FULL 6.1 update to iTunes and restore your device as "new". The jailbreak works best with a fresh install.

Also, do this right away:
    http://www.idownloadblog.com/2013/02/02/how-to-save-shsh-blobs-for-ios-6-1/

Save your blobs so that in the event that you crash your iOS with a bunch of themes and app installs, you can restore back to 6.1 and jailbreak again. If your blobs aren't saved and you crash your iOS, you just lost your jailbreak because you will not be able to restore to 6.1.

To everyone who joked about searching:

I have a homework assignment for you. Search for some generic query that comes up a lot. Like, for example, "Is 6.1 worth it on iPod Touch 4G" and tell me how long it takes to get the answer you are looking for. If it's more than 1 minute, it's worth it to just make a thread. People would flame you for bumping an old thread with new questions anyway and what's more, some times what people know changes from the time a thread is made and the time you have a question.