dumb question about in-store pickup

pallymore

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 24, 2013
Boston, MA
Hello MR, I've never pre-ordered apple products using in-store pickup (always delivery)
but last night I was able to grab one iphone x with Nov 3 delivery so I selected Nov 3 store pickup.

So - if anyone has done this before, could you share your experience with in store pick up? Are they good with the selected check-in window? do you get an email telling you that your phone is ready ahead of time? how long is the wait? (i'm planning on using my lunch break to go to the nearest apple store :)

Thanks!

Ninerboy81

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2014
Murrieta, CA
Hello MR, I've never pre-ordered apple products using in-store pickup (always delivery)
but last night I was able to grab one iphone x with Nov 3 delivery so I selected Nov 3 store pickup.

So - if anyone has done this before, could you share your experience with in store pick up? Are they good with the selected check-in window? do you get an email telling you that your phone is ready ahead of time? how long is the wait? (i'm planning on using my lunch break to go to the nearest apple store :)

Thanks!
I know first hand that you cannot pick up your phone before the window but you can show up any time after the window. The wait could be long depending on how many customers we have “trying” to come in early. All you need is an ID. The process takes about 5-10 mins depending on how fast we can bring the product out.

Reactions: pallymore

Lyesenia

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2017

Thanks!
Yes.

Yes.

Always within my window except when there was an issue and for some reason someone from Apple was trying to contact me about my large purchase I despise them. Hopefully my experience is better this time used a different card and all

pallymore

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 24, 2013
Boston, MA
I know first hand that you cannot pick up your phone before the window but you can show up any time after the window. The wait could be long depending on how many customers we have “trying” to come in early. All you need is an ID. The process takes about 5-10 mins depending on how fast we can bring the product out.
Always within my window except when there was an issue and for some reason someone from Apple was trying to contact me about my large purchase
I despise them. Hopefully my experience is better this time
used a different card and all
cool, seems to be very easy :) can't wait till Friday comes!