Dumb question about messages

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by victory5, Sep 2, 2015.

1. victory5 macrumors newbie

Hi all, this may be a very dumb question but I figured I would throw it out to see if anyone can give me a hand here.

I sent an iMessage to a friend of mine the other day and I noticed instead of the little 'delivered' message popping up under the sent little blue bubble, nothing showed up. Now if I am in the subway for example and have no service I get the red message indicating my message was not delivered.

So it looks like I can send the message (I have service), but I did not get confirmation it was sent. I had sent a message to this friend a few days before and that was the last time I saw the delivered bubble pop up.

The last message I sent was yesterday so its been a day and it still has not gone through.

So, is this normal, and what does this mean? My friend is not one to just ignore messages (he's 20 and uses his phone a lot like everyone his age) or a broken phone and my phone has been working perfectly fine (I can text other people, have good service, etc).

2. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

These things just happen sometimes. No need to ponder, just try and send the message again.

3. victory5 thread starter macrumors newbie

I did and the same thing happened.

Blue bubble, no delivered message, no red 'not delivered' message.

Does this mean I've been blocked?

4. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Can you send iMessages to others?

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Maybe the other person doesn't have good coverage or their phone is off.

6. victory5 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, its just one person it looks like.

If the iMessage does not have the little 'delivered' tag, does that mean it was never sent? It has been several days now.

Ill just call them later when i get a chance....

7. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

Try holding down on the message and tapping "Send as Text Message". If he receives that then you'll know it's an issue with iMessage between the two devices.