dumb question about the "about stacks" pdf file

Discussion in 'macOS' started by maccurious, Dec 21, 2009.

1. maccurious macrumors newbie

okay so i'm new on the forum, and im also a recent switcher to mac. when i got my macbook pro last month, i got the snow leopard upgrade disc in the package. so i upgraded to snow leopard. but here's my question: in the dock, the default stacks are documents and downloads, and they each contain at first a pdf file that's called "about stacks" and "about downloads". when you open it it describes what it's about but it starts with "welcome to mac os X leopard".

even after upgrading, the pdf files still say leopard.
    so i just wanted to know why those didnt update. and i know i have snow leopard because i checked the "about my mac" and plus when i log on to the guest account the pdf files say welcome to snow leopard...

i realize this isnt really crutial, i was just curious and plus i'd just like to feel updated lol.

2. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

I'm surprised I still had those PDF's, I usually trash them upon installation of OS X. Both my downloads and document PDF's state "Welcome to Mac OS X Snow Leopard".
    Honestly, don't worry about it, as long as "About this Mac" says Mac OS X version 10.6 you're fine. Although I will tell you that I didn't do the upgrade, I did a clean install of SL which is probably why you still had the old Stacks PDF's.

3. Morod macrumors 68000

Morod

I upgraded to SL from Leopard. After reading your post I checked my About Stacks PDF. It says welcome to mac os X leopard also.