Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gregorydanger

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 18, 2004
Michigan
I realize this is probably a stupid question but before I ask anywhere else and get flamed, I figured I'd ask here and get flamed first! :)

If I order an Apple product (specifically an iMac G5) over the telephone rather than online or at an Apple store, can I use two forms of payment (specifically two seperate credit cards)?

Just curious.

Thanks!

Euan

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2005
UK
No sure. Personally I think you might need to be there in person (at an apple store) but best thing is to phone them up.

brepublican

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2005
NY
Abstract said:
You can do it over the phone and in an Apple Reseller or store, but not over the net.
No way you can't. I tried doing that barely a month ago and drew a blank. After trying unsuccesfully online, I called 1-800-MY APPLE and they told me I could't do it over the phone either, that I had to go in to a store.

I went to the nearest store this weekend and bought myself some PB Cram et Jam on 2 credit cards... hope that helps. :rolleyes:

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Not a dumb question at all.

Seems to depend on who you get at Apple when you call. Chances are it makes them more work. I would thank the person and then make a second call.

Euan

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2005
UK
wdlove said:
Seems to depend on who you get at Apple when you call. Chances are it makes them more work. I would thank the person and then make a second call.
I think the same can probably be said for a lot of call centres!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.