dumb question, but can the regular MacBook run on a DVI connection?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ozziegn, Nov 24, 2007.

1. ozziegn macrumors 6502a

ozziegn

as the title says. I'm looking to sell me month old 17" MBP in favor for a regular MacBook simply because all I do is check email and surf the web. everyone knows this can be done on the most slowest machines. therefore, I'd like to be able to sell mine and buy a regular MacBook.

I do however want to run it on a 24" external monitor, but it needs to run on a DVI connection. do you guys think it'll do that?

2. jarenado macrumors regular

jarenado

most definitely I do it with a 37 in LCD. I would get as much ram aftermarket as you can afford, it takes a lot of ram to run a macbook on a big monitor

3. ozziegn thread starter macrumors 6502a

ozziegn

4. TheStu macrumors 65816

No it doesn't and I wish that it did. I do like the fact that the MiniDVI port on the MacBook is good for DVI, VGA, SVideo, or Composite Video. A good deal more options than your average PC laptop (I know, I know, Macs are PCs, but I am used the accepted colloquialism).

5. f1 macrumors 6502

that's not necessarily true, it depends on the resolution of the monitor. If your hooking it up to a 37 inch LCD television; some cheaper 37 inchers only have a resolution of 1366x768, which the macbook can handle find, as its native screen runs at 1280x800

6. TheStu macrumors 65816

Right, but see, the MacBook can handle up to 1920*1200 resolution, which is a little higher than a 1080P TV. So it is in fact true that it can handle a 37" TV, be it SD, 720P or 1080P