Dumb question, how do I use a promo code?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by iPhone envy, Jan 21, 2009.

1. iPhone envy macrumors member

Assuming I'm early enough to get in on one posted on the board, how do I use the code to get a free copy of a paid app?

Also, does it have to be done via iTunes on my home cpu, or can I do it from iTunes on my iPhone?

Thanks

2. nachos4twoo macrumors member

if you go to the itunes store via your iphone, click the downloads tab on bottom, in top left corner there will be a redeem button, hit that and enter in codes, fyi cap sensitive. On computer in itunes home page on right panel is a redeem link as well

3. vinay427 macrumors 6502a

vinay427

Using iTunes: Go to the iTunes Store, click Redeem on the right side, and enter your code there.

Using an iPhone: here

4. candyman macrumors regular

Not a dumb question at all. There is a first time for everyone. It's as easy as the others described it.

This would make for a nice sticky on this thread.

5. iPhone envy thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the help

I got it to work via my iPhone's iTunes. I kept looking at the appstore icon for an option and didn't think to go to the iTunes app (which I never use and keep hidden on the last page of my phone).

Just so I understand, it won't load the new app to my phone over the air right? I have to go home and dock and get iTunes on my computer to update apps to download the program?