dumb question, how to minimize windows with mouse double click

Discussion in 'macOS' started by aneftp, Feb 13, 2010.

1. aneftp macrumors 68040

Hey, this feels like a newbie question (even though I am not).

My imac core i7 arrive (it's great). However, the question I have is that when I double click (left) my my magic mouse (yes I enable the right/left click buttons).

So when I double click the mouse on a web browser on the empty space (the space to the right of the red/yellow/green button, nothing happens. I want to send it to the bottom of the dock like in all of my previous mac. The double clicking of the mouse does nothing.

Note: please don't confuse my simple question with the System Pref/Doc (minimize windows into application icon) situation. I know how to do that. I just want to minimize the current windows by double left clicking and sending it into the dock? How do I do that? I am at a lost this morning.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

You only need to double click on the title bar of a window, but since 10.6 it has been disabled by default.

Go into System Preferences > Appearance and check Double-click a window's title bar to minimize.

[​IMG]

3. aneftp thread starter macrumors 68040

Thank you very much. I can't believe Apple did this.

I had Snow Leopard in my other 24 inch alum iMac (but I did an upgrade install from Leopard) so I guess the upgrade kept my old preferences. Apple is trying to oversimplify things. Same thing with the missing Macintosh HD icon (although i did a search and found the solution how to enable it).