Dumb question - there are no hardware differences between Series 3 and Nike+ Series 3, right?

OrlandoTragic

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 13, 2007
Orlando, FL
I really like the all black Nike band, but I'm not exactly a huge runner lol.. I'm buying it more for the aesthetic.

Just want to make sure I'm not limiting myself by choosing that model over a "regular" Series 3.

Thanks all.

BillGates1969

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2008
Bournemouth
No difference as far as I know - the Nike+ series do have custom faces that are not available on other S3.

You can always buy the bands separately - I use the Black/Green on my SS Black and it looks gorgeous

AlliFlowers

Contributor
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
I really like the all black Nike band, but I'm not exactly a huge runner lol.. I'm buying it more for the aesthetic.

Just want to make sure I'm not limiting myself by choosing that model over a "regular" Series 3.

Thanks all.
Same here. I'm disabled, so I'll never be a runner. But I wanted that black/platinum band.

naturalstar

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012
The Nike bands are great. So comfortable and the holes make them more breathable as well. Great for workouts. I’ve been wearing mine quite a bit - wearing it today actually!

mk313

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2012
Correct, the only ‘hardwear’ difference is the watch band. All other hardwear is the same as the regular watch.

Mabus51

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2007
Only difference is the band as far as hardware goes. Software wise the Nike ones have some extra watch faces

deeddawg

macrumors G3
Jun 14, 2010
US

Thanks all.
See my post over in this thread covering the same question: Watch and Nike+ Watch - difference?

I wrote:

Same as stated in the various other threads where someone's asked this question. Mods ought to pick one and make a sticky perhaps.

• No differences in the watch hardware.
  • Nike+ has different band options; last year none of the Nike bands were available separately until months after launch. We'll see what happens this year.
  • NRC app is preloaded, but can be hidden if desired
  • You can use any of the regular watch faces on the Nike watches if you wish.
  • The NRC complication is available, plus Nike faces, and Siri integration; I don't believe these are on the non-Nike even if you load NRC.
  • Nike watches are the same price as the equivalent non-Nike.

eternlgladiator

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2010
Twin Cities
See my post over in this thread covering the same question: Watch and Nike+ Watch - difference?

I wrote:

Same as stated in the various other threads where someone's asked this question. Mods ought to pick one and make a sticky perhaps.

• Nike+ has different band options; last year none of the Nike bands were available separately until months after launch. We'll see what happens this year.
  • The NRC complication is available, plus Nike faces, and Siri integration; I don't believe these are on the non-Nike even if you load NRC.
You can always use the NRC complication anywhere you can use a different one. The difference is just the addition or lack of custom nike watch faces

deeddawg

macrumors G3
Jun 14, 2010
US
You can always use the NRC complication anywhere you can use a different one. The difference is just the addition or lack of custom nike watch faces
Cool. I'd read somewhere that NRC didn't offer a swoosh/complication on non-Nike+ watches but haven't had a chance to verify since I don't have access to a non-Nike+ watch.

You can also start NRC from Siri on the non-Nike+ watches? "Hey Siri Let's go for a run" launches NRC and starts a run on my AW3 Nike+. Does it do the same on a non-Nike+? (yes this is a trivial thing and I rarely think to start a run that way, but it might be important to someone)

mk313

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2012
Cool. I'd read somewhere that NRC didn't offer a swoosh/complication on non-Nike+ watches but haven't had a chance to verify since I don't have access to a non-Nike+ watch.

You can also start NRC from Siri on the non-Nike+ watches? "Hey Siri Let's go for a run" launches NRC and starts a run on my AW3 Nike+. Does it do the same on a non-Nike+? (yes this is a trivial thing and I rarely think to start a run that way, but it might be important to someone)
You are correct about the Siri integration. Like you said it's not a huge deal, but it is something that is exclusive to the Nike versions of the watch, and can't be added to any non-Nike edition watch.

OrlandoTragic

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 13, 2007
Orlando, FL

I wrote:

Thanks - I know I should have searched but I was in a time crunch. I really appreciate all the info!

Reactions: deeddawg