Dumb Question

boogieman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 10, 2004
Ok up top on the apple bar where it shows your airport and other stuff like your battery and time how do you remove something you dont want there? I just recently got a imac without a modem and when I transfered my settings from my old Imac it kept it there and there is some other things I would like to remove from it.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
Hold down the Apple key, and you can drag them around (or off the menu bar) with the mouse.

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Jun 14, 2006
boogieman said:
Ok up top on the apple bar where it shows your airport and other stuff like your battery and time how do you remove something you dont want there? I just recently got a imac without a modem and when I transfered my settings from my old Imac it kept it there and there is some other things I would like to remove from it.
Hold down Command and then drag off the the menu bar onto the desktop, works like the dock. :D

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Oh my gosh. I never knew that ^^. I've thought to myself that the superfluous icons were a bit annoying, but didn't bother trying to figure out how to remove them. :eek: This is why MR rocks. :D