Dumb question......

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jason4800, Jul 1, 2009.

1. jason4800 macrumors newbie

Can I listen to music through a Bluetooth headset on my iPhone?

I am new to the Iphone and I was planning on buying my first bluetooth headset. I am leaning towards the Plantronics Discovery 925. I just wanted to know if I could play music thru it.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

2. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

not that i know of. besides. even if you could do it, music is split into the bass and treble for each earphone, so if u somehow got it to work, you'd probably only receive one of the two.

3. trekkie604 macrumors 65816

trekkie604

Your headset needs to support the A2DP bluetooth profile for stereo streaming.

4. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Since 3.0 you can but listening with one ear is lame. There are stereo headsets available.

5. joro macrumors 68020

joro

You can with the 3GS and Sony makes some good ones.

6. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

You're out of the loop. Yes, it supports it. However, what I don't know is if it is only the new 3GS that supports it or if it is also now supported on the first and second generation iPhone.

7. trekkie604 macrumors 65816

trekkie604

checking the spec sheet for the Discovery 925, it will NOT support bluetooth stereo streaming. Regardless of which iPhone you have.

8. alexmadison macrumors member

alexmadison

engaging the iPod function to listen to music/video audio while a call is taking place will allow you to hear said audio. Obviously this is not an ideal solution, but it proves that the iPhone at least harbors the capability to send music/video audio through Bluetooth headsets, and opens the door for software workarounds to trigger the throughput without the need for an active call.

9. Que macrumors 6502

i've seen worse questions so don't be too hard on yourself.

just do a forum search using the word "battery" and you'll find quite a lot of dumb things said.