Dumbest Phone to iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by truss009, Apr 26, 2011.

1. truss009 macrumors newbie

First time poster on here guys, but have been reading the forums pretty regularly for the past month or so as my Verizon upgrade is coming up and I need a new phone. My upgrade is May 3rd, so the ever so sly white iPhone should be out:eek:

With all that being said I currently have a Gz'one Boulder, yes the indestructible thing they call a phone! I have never had a smart phone and am in the market for one. Of course the iPhone seems like the obvious choice here, and I have been wanting one since it has arrived at Verizon. I thought about waiting for the 5, but I am pretty impatient and to be honest don't really care about the greatest specs. I like the look and feel of the iphone4 just from playing with my buddy's.

Anything is going to be better than my Boulder:p So I think the 4 would be a good decision right? Maybe I'll go white and be different from everyone else since I am so late to the scene? Anyone have a similar story? Thanks for any suggestions or help guys.

2. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Get the white iPhone 4 and you'll be golden :D You won't be disappointed. As you pointed out, anything is better than that Boulder you're using now :p

3. hobo.hopkins macrumors 6502a

hobo.hopkins

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

I believe most iPhone owners would say that they can't imagine using any other phone (or at least not any previous dumb phone) after having used the iPhone. You won't be disappointed with an iPhone, no matter the colour.

4. JASApplications macrumors 65816

iPhone's are awesome phones! Definitely get one if you have the opportunity :)

5. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

This is your best option OP.

You'll be amazed at how magical it is... in white :D

6. Deedolito macrumors regular

Deedolito

Definitely get an iPhone 4 - the bare thought of waiting until the iPhone 5 will be available would kill me :rolleyes:

7. magicpinkdrink macrumors member

magicpinkdrink

I didn't go straight from dumb phone to iPhone, I made a detour to Blackberry first. While I loved my Blackberry, and she served me for a good 2 years, I cannot imagine life without my iPhone. I use it for everything, some days I spend more time on it than I do on my computer. If I was in your shoes, I would get the iPhone 4 now, it will rock your world. And from all the possible images of the next iPhone, I think they're ugly looking.

8. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

Get the iPhone 4 for sure - White or black it's your decision. Even when the iPhone 5 comes out, the iPhone 4 will still run iOS 5. And you said specs don't matter to you, so it's a no brainier. Get it ASAP. :)

9. truss009 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys I really appreciate the help. I guess my next question would have to be 16 or 32 gig? I don't plan on putting much music on there because I have my iPod, but I am sure I will go crazy with apps. Being a first time smart phone guy. All in all if the white actually does come out this week like supposed too than I am leaning towards that.

10. AsianChexMix macrumors regular

How big is your iPod? Do DJs use iPods instead of iPhones due to space? Anyway, I would still get the 32GB and if your music can fit in the iPhone then you have consolidated all your devices into one and that's going to be REALLY helpful. I haven't passed 32GB but I am definitely hovering around 16GB with my music and apps. I would have more and feel safe.

11. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

I ALWAYS get the largest capacity there is. While I'm not close to filling up my iPhone, it's nice to know that there is extra space available. That and if you're going to take lots of photos and, especially, videos on your phone, you'll definitely need the extra room for that. Plus it always helps on the resale side as well. As the previous poster mentioned also, it is nicer when you can consolidate your iDevices as it just makes things easier.

12. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

13. SL4VE macrumors 6502

apps are also getting larger and larger everyday some have now passed the 1GB mark. i would seriously consider an 32GB iPhone 4

14. Collin789 macrumors regular

Collin789

Like you said...the iPhone is the obvious choice. And get the iPhone 4 now, especially if you don't care about specs.

15. iRobby macrumors 6502a

iRobby

I have the 32GB iPhone 3GS and I hope the iPhone 5 comes in 64GB because my iPhone was my first Apple product so it serves as a iPod as well. I only have 1.18GB left So the 64 GB is what i really need I want to start getting videos and movies. I say get the highest amount available once you start using it you'll see how much stuff you can use it for and will need all the space.

16. truss009 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, looks like the White IP4 will be out tomorrow, and I have less than a week til my upgrade. Leaning towards the 16GB solely because I am going to keep my music separate, on my iPod. Managing my space could be fun, I have never had that capability on a phone and it will force me to only use the stuff I need. Next dilemma is case, bumper, screen protector. Since it's white I kind of want to show it off, and not cover it totally. Any good combos you guys can think of? Or accessories I need to get? Thanks again to everyone.

17. Deedolito macrumors regular

Deedolito

Depending on how you carry your iPhone (jacket, bag..) maybe get a sleeve-like case (SwitchEasy Duo is pretty neat) or a simple solution that's always on the device like the bumper.

I go without any plastic case on the phone, no antennae gate or such^^.
    But always depends on what you like!
    If you are used to drop your phone on the desk - maybe get a bit of protection! :D

No matter which case you choose, I'd always go for front & back screen protectors. Simply because there could always be a keyring - sand - whatever threatening your precious!!

An external battery sometimes can be handy when on the go and you forgot to charge or don't have the possibility to do so.