Dumbest question ever

Mitchelino

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2009
Ontario, Canada
If you use hot corners, you can set a corner to put the display to sleep (when you move the cursor there). Not a dumb question, I've heard worse :)

Go to System Preferences -> Mission Control -> Hot Corners (at the bottom) -> then set a corner to put it to sleep. Then drag your mouse to that corner. To wake it up, just click or hit a key. Simply moving your trackpad wont work (don't think moving a mouse will either), which is new to Lion.

Comment

DagazaGZ

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2010
Think you have to hold down the alt key the shift key and press the eject key.

Comment

Spike88

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2010
If you use hot corners, you can set a corner to put the display to sleep (when you move the cursor there). Not a dumb question, I've heard worse :)

Go to System Preferences -> Mission Control -> Hot Corners (at the bottom) -> then set a corner to put it to sleep. Then drag your mouse to that corner. To wake it up, just click or hit a key. Simply moving your trackpad wont work (don't think moving a mouse will either), which is new to Lion.
Thanks for the tip about "Screen Saver - Hot Corners". Same instructions at http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2485

I configured my iMac with Hot corners (screen saver on bottom right and Dashboard on bottom left). It works great. Thanks for this idea...

Comment