Dump 1g iPhone or Play it safe??!! HELP!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by endlessjourney8, Jun 4, 2008.

  1. endlessjourney8 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2008
    #1
    So...i need to know what U would do...

    I want to sell 1g phone now while you can still get close to what u pay for it and then get the 3g..

    BUT i live in Canada and I would need to have it unlocked before I could use it...and I'm not even sure if that will be possible anytime soon

    I dont really mind being without a phone for a month (i rarely use it and its preapid) and i can use an old nano for a bit..

    but is it worth the risk???
     
  2. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2007
    #2
    There is no guarantee that the iphone will be a) immediately available at WWDC or b) immediately available in Canada. If you can deal with no iphone for a potentially lengthy amount of time, then go for it.
     
  3. Tytanius macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2008
    Location:
    Philly, PA
    #3
    You can't really have someone decide for you and if you don't mind being without a phone for a month. You are asking if its worth it yet you are saying you don't really care, I don't quite get it?
     
  4. cyclone84 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 19, 2006
    #4
    I took the risk and sold my 4GB today. If nothing else, I just made my Monday a little more interesting.
     
  5. netdog macrumors 603

    netdog

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2006
    Location:
    London
    #5
    If the latest rumors are right and iPhone 2 is just 3G without GPS, improved camera, etc., you might want to wait. Hopefully these rumors are bunk, but if not, I am definitely going to stick with my original iPhone and wait for at least another generation. The speed of 3G won't really be that great an improvement on its own, especially if it means worse battery life.
     
  6. coryetzkorn macrumors regular

    coryetzkorn

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2007
    #6
    Exactly my mindset. I honestly don't care if I don't have an iPhone for a month. I'll just use a friend's old AT&T crap phone. The risk is worth profiting from a phone i've used for 6 months (by selling it unlocked on eBay). It's the perfect time to sell right now with extremely high demand and no supply.

    I'd say go for it if you lived in the US, but Canada may be riskier seeing as it usually takes Apple longer to deploy services there.
     
  7. woodekm macrumors 65816

    woodekm

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2008
    #7
    Im saving my current iPhone so it can serve as a backup in case somthing happens to my new one. I dont want to go back to my beater phone, a razr, as a backup.
     
  8. kb152 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2007
    #8
    i'm thinking about selling mine. how much did you get for it?
     
  9. endlessjourney8 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2008
    #9
    Thanks for all the responses...

    as for me living in Canada it dosnt matter because i live close to the border and can buy one from the U.S.

    obviously though it needs to be unlocked for me to use it here. Even if rogers did finally get the iphone I couldnt afford the monthly chargers...
     

Share This Page