Dumpster Diving: A pile of ADB Peripherals

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by bunnspecial, Sep 30, 2014.

1. bunnspecial macrumors 603

bunnspecial

"Dumpster diving" probably isn't strictly the correct word as these never made it there, but were destined to go there.

I had a Kensington trackball already, but the other stuff was definitely a nice find.

I'm going to go back to the same source tomorrow, as there really is a goldmine of old Apple stuff there that will be gone if I don't save it. Some of it I have no use for at the moment, but I still hate to not grab it. There are several "telephone plug" keyboards, some DB-9 mice and trackballs, and a tablet.

2. tevion5 macrumors 68000

tevion5

3. bunnspecial thread starter macrumors 603

bunnspecial

Could have sworn I uploaded one with the original post!

Attached Files:

4. tdiaz macrumors 6502

Nice Kurta tablet. I'd have zeroed in on that first .. I've got enough of those trackballs to last me a lifetime, and USB adapters.. I use the original extended keyboard and TurboMouse to this day.

I've got IIgs drivers for the Kurta tablet, too.

5. bunnspecial thread starter macrumors 603

bunnspecial

I've been playing around with the tablet on my 8500 quite a bit(incidentally, both the computer and these peripherals came from the same source, although I'm not sure if they were necessarily used together).

I've never used a tablet of any sort before. It took some getting use to, but I feel like I'm getting the hang of it. I'm surprised at how sensitive it is, as it still registers movement even with the pen a good inch or so off the surface.

I may try it on the Griffin iMate and see how it does on my G5!

6. HereBeMonsters macrumors 6502

HereBeMonsters

Does it draw even when the pen is not in contact?

7. bunnspecial thread starter macrumors 603

bunnspecial

I actually don't have a drawing program on the 8500-something I plan to fix today.

Based on playing with it in other programs, though, I'm going to say no. The pen point "clicks" in, and this seems to act as the equivalent to pressing the mouse button.