Duplex Printing in Leopard?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by msb212, Apr 7, 2008.

1. msb212 macrumors newbie

Hi - I have a Brother 5280DW printer which is supposed to offer duplex printing. I have an IMAC running the latest Leopard, but there seems to be no option anywhere I can find to choose duplex (double sided) printing...

anyone have any ideas or guidance?

Thanks very much for any help or direction you can give me!

2. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

In the print dialog box, choose the Layout pull-down option. If your printer and its driver supports duplex, that's where it'll be.

3. mreg376 macrumors 6502a

I had a similar problem with my HP DeskJet 5550. The native Leopard drivers did not support duplex (despite the fact that HP's website advised to use the Leopard drivers). I had to install some older OS X drivers from the HP website, now duplex works fine.

4. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

In Safari there are safari specific printing options so its called Safari in that. You have to expand the print dialog to full size to see the options too.

The option you are looking for in the list is Two-Sided printing.

Picture 9.png

Personally I have an option called "Standard Two Sided" setup for two sided printing.

5. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

Yes, and it's under the Layout pulldown.

6. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Yes, but in some programs layout is the top choice, but in Safari the top choice is Safari ;).

The pulldown does always have layout options as one option though.

7. msb212 thread starter macrumors newbie

8. krdk macrumors newbie

Double-sided printing

Hi-- I can't find any of the menus mentioned in this thread-- under Safari, Word, or Pages, that will allow either of my duplexing capable printers to print double-sided. I have a Brother 5250DN, and an Oce' CX2100 (all in one printer, scanner, copier, fax).

Help please!!!http://images.macrumors.com/vb/images/smilies/frown.gif

9. krdk macrumors newbie

10. durhamj macrumors member

krdk , Page not found

Can you spell out the answer to getting duplex printing on the 5250DN?? the page you referenced is no longer available. Thanks in Advance

11. dilipc macrumors newbie

HP LaserJet CM2320nf MFP

I have the Laserjet 2320 which I bought recently. I have an iMac, running Mac OS X (version 10.5.8). For the life of me, I can't duplex print! I've marked the "two-sided option" in the dropdown Layout menu, but when I click print, it simply prints one sided.
    Can anyone help?