Duplexing laser printer for college

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by sprtnbsblplya, Jul 20, 2010.

1. sprtnbsblplya macrumors regular

Does anyone have experience with a cheap (hoping less than $200) B&W laser printer that can do automatic duplexing for college note printing?
    Preferably with wireless built-in to cut down on cables.

2. MacFanUK macrumors 6502a

MacFanUK

Your best bet would be to get a 2nd hand HP 4250DTN off ebay or something similar. If you go for a 4200DTN bear in mind that it doesn't have USB.

3. mr.economy macrumors newbie

The Brother HL-5370DW is a perfect fit. It's ~$200 depending on where you look online, and fits your criteria of wireless with duplexing. I bought this printer from a great Office Depot sale back in July, and it has worked great. Although I haven't used up my starter toner yet, replacement toner appears to be affordable (~$80 for a cartridge rated for 8,000 pages). Prints quickly even in duplex, and has a fairly small footprint. Wireless setup can be a bit of a pain depending on whether or not your router supports certain quick-setup technologies, but once everything is set up it works great.

4. muqmuq macrumors newbie

i'm interested in this printer too — but do you know if it transmits its own wireless access point, or do i need to have a router set up?

5. sprtnbsblplya thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the recommendations. I think I'll take a good look at the Brother HL-5370DW, it looks like what I need for note printing.

6. *LTD* macrumors G4

*LTD*

Seconded. I've got this printer and it's fantastic. Not the sexiest-looking printer, but output is amazing - true 1200x1200dpi, plus duplexing, etc. A very good value. And excellent drivers for Snow Leopard, to boot.