Duplicate apps in System Preferences Notifications

Discussion in 'macOS Mojave (10.14)' started by Nigel Goodman, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Nigel Goodman macrumors member

Nigel Goodman

Since a HD crash and an erase and reinstall via Recovery Mode and transfer of items from a CCC backup (all successful) I now have two apps duplicated in the Notifications section of System Preferences.

Any ideas as to how to get rid of them?

Attached Files:

2. ribbo1939 macrumors member

Yes I have noticed that I have cases of 2 x Dropbox (badges, sounds,Banners/Alerts) also, Google Chrome (badges,sounds.banners/alerts).
    I also had to erase the HD and reinstall the OS via Recovery Mode from a backup from a time machine.
    No idea how to remove the duplicate apps.

3. 3lite macrumors 6502a

3lite

Same issue with Dropbox and Google Chrome.

Doesn't really bother me since I have notifications off... but even so, the knowledge of this defect remains irritable.

4. maverick808 macrumors 65816

maverick808

One of each will be inactive. Apps are removed from that notification area after a certain time with no notifications, so you will just have to wait and they will eventually disappear. Can't remember how long it was but I think it's about a week, definitely less than a month.

5. 3lite macrumors 6502a

3lite

Been over a week for me and it's still present. I've had notifications turned off since Mountain Lion.

6. maverick808 macrumors 65816

maverick808

What if you just select the app in the left pane in the Notification prefs and then press the delete (backspace) key? It seems to remove apps for me.

7. 3lite macrumors 6502a

3lite

That seemed to fix the dropbox issue. But Google Chrome still reappears after re-entering the notification preferences.

8. maverick808 macrumors 65816

maverick808

If it is re-appearing then it is still active. Chrome is insidious in the amount of hidden processes it installs. Maybe search for a way to fully uninstall it.