Duplicate calendar entries on iPhone and iPad

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cpapple, Dec 2, 2011.

1. cpapple macrumors newbie

I have OS X 10.6.8. I have an iPhone4 with iOS5 and an iPad2 with iOS5.

I briefly tried using iCloud for my iPhone and iPad, but I decided not to use it. (I briefly had my computer on the Cloud b/c I tried Lion, but I didn't like it b/c of some software I couldn't use, so I downgraded back to Snow Leopard and restored from a TimeMachine back up that I made right before upgrading to Lion.)

When I turned iCloud off for my phone and iPad, I said to delete Calendar from my phone and iPad. However, now when I sync with my computer, I get multiple (some are now up to 5 instances) entries for some events...some are yearly, some are bi-weekly, and some are one-time events. This is happening on my phone and iPad. There are also a few events that I deleted on my computer that have not been deleted on my phone or iPad (and these are events next week).

iCal on my computer looks cleaned up, though when I look at it in the syncing field in iTunes, two test and blank calendars that I created and then deleted still show up.

I have tried overwriting my iPhone and iPad calendars with the computer calendar (on the "on the next sync" option in iTunes sync), but it doesn't get rid of the problem.

Has anyone else experienced this or know how to fix it?

2. cpapple thread starter macrumors newbie

Update and suggestion

I finally found out about iSync (in applications folder on your computer) - I disabled syncing, reset sync histories, rebooted my computer and then resynced between my computer and iPhone and iPad (and said yes to enabling syncing again). This fixed all of the problems. I am only posting in case someone else looks up my initial question hoping for a suggestion.