Duplicate calendar entries?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by RodThePlod, Oct 7, 2007.

1. RodThePlod macrumors 6502a

RodThePlod

Hey All,

I've been syncing my Outlook 2003 Contact/Calendar entries to my iPod touch and noticed that i keep getting duplicate entries.

For example, my contacts in Outlook all have a birthday entry. When I sync and look at the calendar app on my touch, it shows the correct birthdays for my contacts, but also shows the previous day as their birthdays, too.

This is most easily seen when viewing the calendar in 'List' mode. Seems quite strange as not all contacts' birthdays are duplicated like this.

Anyone else seen this?

When I delete the entry in Outlook, it remains on the touch after syncing!

Now if only we could Add/Edit calendar events on the touch... (Apple!)

Rod.

2. DJY macrumors 6502a

DJY

Since upgrading my Touch to 1.1.2 - which does allow us to add calendar entries (for the OP)... I have duplicate entries for all my birthdays!?!?!

Can't delete all day entries it seems on the Touch - and after syncing there is still only single entries in iCal?

Any ideas or people also having this problem?

3. RodThePlod thread starter macrumors 6502a

RodThePlod

Strange... my problem fixed itself a few weeks ago - so now I only have one calendar entry on my iPod for the various birthdays when before I had multiple entries.

Either 1.1.2, iTunes 7.5 or a combination of both appear to have fixed this issue for me...

Cheers,

Rod.

4. DJY macrumors 6502a

DJY

Mmm thanks for the reply Rod... but I still have duplicates here.
    All mine are displaying on the same day, unlike yours that were on different days.

Still hoping someone else has found out why / and a fix?!!
    I've searched the net a few times...
    tried removing birthday calendar from sync (which took both entries away) but then when I have added it back - duplicates reappeared.

5. calvin2006 macrumors regular

I have this same problem with 10.5.2, iTunes 7.6, iPT 16GB 1.1.3 with Software Upgrade.

6. DJY macrumors 6502a

DJY

Mine magically fixed itself over the past few syncs?!?!?!!

Same issue was noted on my SE mobile phone...
    but that to seems to have rectified itself?!?!

Fixed itself prior to upgrading to 10.5.2... and not sure how / why - but I'm very glad not to have double entries everywhere!!!!

7. Kozyinn macrumors newbie

Kozyinn

Duplicate Calendar Items

I have the same thing happening to me. After I updated to version 2.2.1 I’m getting duplicate entries on my calendar. As well my calendar items are falling into the wrong categories. I’m ready to restore my phone in hopes that will solve the problem. iCal on my computer is correct, and when I check my MobileMe account the calendar is correct there too. I have an iPhone 3G if that matters. Great, I was just hoping I could spend hours trying to figure out another techy problem! :mad:

8. Touchy macrumors regular

I have an iPod Touch and it has acquired multiple calendars which are associated with different color codes. When I go into the calendar (activate the icon), at the top L of the screen there is an option for "Calendars" and if selected then the next screen shows: All, followed by (6) separated calendars and (2) are marked with a red dot, (2) with a gold dot, (1) green and (1) blue dot. These different calendars contain different and separated information and only the "blue" one appears to reflect the Outlook 2007 I have on a PC. If the "all" is selected then there are multiple entries for the same item on a given day. For instance: "call mike" will be listed (4) time. I sync using iTunes to my iPod touch. I have downloaded the latest iTunes version as well as rebooted the iPod and neither corrected the problem.

I think the problem must be in the iPod as the Outlook calendar appears normal.
    Is there a way to fix this as I am sure that this was not functioning this way in the beginning?

9. Touchy macrumors regular

See previous post. Would really like to get an answer to this problem. Hopefully someone can help.

10. ProfJesse macrumors newbie

I, too, found duplicate calendar entries on my iPod Touch for birthdays, one of which was identified with a red background and could not be deleted from the calendar. I finally found where those entries are coming from: the Contacts list.

I have birthdays noted in both my Outlook 2007 calendar and in the contact details for family members. Both the calendar and the contacts are synced to my iPod. The iPod calendar displays entries from the Outlook calendar and picks up the additional birthday events from the contact list.

The solution is to either delete one of the birthday entries from either the Calendar or the Contact list, but I don't want to do either. Instead, you can turn off display of the entries coming from the Contact list by clicking the Calendars button as another poster has noted, and then clicking to uncheck Birthdays entry in the Other group.

11. hathornb macrumors member

hathornb

Has there been any resolution to this problem? I am getting birthdays popping up for like 50 times in one day on my iPod Touch but my iCal is completely correct. Any help would be great.

12. drxwes macrumors newbie

one possible solution

Go to settings and select Mail, Contacts, Calendars

Select the account that has Calendars listed in grey

Switch the Calendars from "on" to "off" - You will get a message asking, "Are you sure that you want to continue?" Press, "Delete from My iPod".

The iTouch will turn off the calendars. Switch the Calendars back to "on", the calendars will be turned on.

Go back to your Calendar. You will see the iTouch adding the calendars one at a time and the duplicates will be deleted.

cheers