Duplicate calendar items from Exchange on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sbcrair, Jul 28, 2008.

1. sbcrair macrumors newbie

I've found that the following happens:

1. I have repeating meetings scheduled.
    2. When one (and only one) of the meeting times/dates is changed and accepted, the old meeting time/date does not disappear, but the new one appears, as well.
    3. this is ONLY evident on the iPhone. It looks fine in Exchange and on Outlook on my desktop (PC).
    4. If I delete the meeting completely, and re-input it, then everything is fine.
    5. If I delete the old meeting (not the new date/time), then BOTH meetings disappear (on the iPhone and in Exchange and on Outlook on my desktop).

anyone else experiencing this? And any way to fix it?

2. sbcrair thread starter macrumors newbie

Calendar items on exchange

Nobody's seeing this happen??? I'm the only one?

3. jessdogg95 macrumors newbie

Hello I'm having the same issue. No solution yet. I did notice that it mainly happens with recurring events. If anybody has any info or solutions please let me know.

Thank you,

Jesse

jessdogg95@gmail.com

4. tritonj macrumors 6502a

this is not a problem exclusive to the iPhone, it happens on Blackberries and even Exchange accounts with no phone connections. pretty much an Exchange Server bug.

5. jessdogg95 macrumors newbie

Yeah I kind of figured it was an Exchange issue. Do you know if their are any known solutions or patches?

Thanks

6. sbcrair thread starter macrumors newbie

I saw lots of things happen on my blackberry that were strange, but never saw this one. It is REALLY annoying. Doesn't anyone have a fix?

7. BLACK MAC macrumors 6502

I have this same exact problem with MobileMe. I hope they fix it soon!

8. lrodia macrumors newbie

I am also having the same issue with the iPhone concerning calendar events. This i believe is defiantly not an EXCHANGE issue as i have tested this on a normal Nokia E51, E71 and there were no issues as well as other Windows Mobile XDA devices with no issues. It seems to be localised on the iPhone and as some people were saying the Blackberry.

9. sbcrair thread starter macrumors newbie

Still having the same problem...

And of course it gets worse as you modify individual instances of repeating meetings. You end up with MANY versions of the same meeting on your calendar. I have to have people cancel all instances of the meeting, and re-send invitations.

10. chrise72 macrumors newbie

Problem with Exchange/iphone

:confused:We are getting the same problem throughout the organisation, however it seems to be random, only affecting some people. The fact that not everyone are having those issues and some people are getting multiple calendar entries is making this really difficult to diag. I will keep investigating.

11. moggsy macrumors newbie

Is anyone aware of any update on this? We've got the same issue, and it's driving everyone nuts!

12. eaudejane macrumors newbie

Duplicate Items on subscribed calendar

Hi, I'm getting the same problem on a subscribed calendar that I access from my iPhone.

It is definitely only happening with meetings where you may reschedule an 'instance' of a reoccurring series. Very annoying.

I have tried everything to remove the invalid occurrence but have had no luck.

Should it be whatever is showing on your calendar in exchange be what is showing on your iPhone subscribed calendar?

Has anyone found a fix for this? So frustrating.

Thanks!
    Janie

13. jrsnbarn macrumors newbie

Solved on iPhone

In iTunes, when your phone is connected, go to the Info tab. Under iCal syncing, be sure that your Exchange account is not selected. There's even a note to this effect at the bottom of the Sync Calendars area.

14. sbcrair thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope - that's not it. I don't have iCal syncing at all. Only Exchange wirelessly.

15. Jaminjim macrumors newbie

Duplicate calendar events

I had this issue as well, go to settings, mail, exchange and uncheck the calendar sync. Mine was duplicating the exchange and gmail calendar events. I unchecked the calendar in exchange and wa la no more dups!! Hope this helps